INFORMATION FROM THE LOWELL HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Coronaviruses are respiratory viruses and are generally spread from person-to-person, when an infected person coughs or sneezes, similar to the flu.
Protect yourself and others
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, at least every hour.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
symptoms of this infection include
IF YOU ARE SICK
Symptoms may appear 2 to 14 days after being exposed to the virus.
THESE ARE THE SAME RECOMMENDATIONS THAT WE WOULD ENCOURAGE YOU TO PRACTICE IN ORDER TO STAY HEALTHY DURING ANY FLU OR RESPIRATORY VIRUS.
Copyright © 2015